For every minute spent organizing, an hour is earned. ~ Benjamin Franklin
|We love webinars!|
- Convenient and easy. In your Comfort Zone
- No long distance or local travel required
- No specialty equipment or upfront costs required
- Can be set-up with little advance notice based on availability of on-line meeting room
- Easy to set-up and host after initial orientation
- On-site tech support may not be necessary
- Invitations, full-service registration and reminders automatically generated
- Pre-webinar practice sessions may be included in package deal
- Expands the audience in real time to include those who would not attend if travel required
- Webinars can be recorded for viewing on-demand for those unable to attend in real time
- Internet speed must be adequate at all connecting points to avoid lag time or distortion
- Audio usually limited to voice-over from the instructor but two-way voice interactivity possible
- Participants may submit questions, comments or answers from a keypad
- Long distance telephone charges may incur if two-way voice interactivity is enabled
- Communication through body language of instructor(s) and participants is absent
- An annual plan necessary to guarantee unlimited access to on-line meeting rooms
- Not all web browsers will work the same
- Materials may not display accurately on all computers
- Not all applications will accommodate Mac computers or mobile devices
You will need to –
- Make arrangements through an on-line service provider for high level results
- Choose a standard set-up and make changes electronically as needed per session
- Advise participants in advance of computer system and high-speed Internet requirements
- Provide a link to a web-based application or a software download for all participants
- Verify computer microphone available for audio input
- Provide webcam if streaming video from originating location is to be included
- Verify payment procedures if not included in package
- Give advance notice to viewers of computer system and high-speed Internet requirements
- Verify that detailed instructions and contact info for questions distributed in advance to all presenters
We got Gaurav Bora to talk about his entertainment company – Beamitlive. Beamitlive is India’s first and only live streaming entertainment portal for artists, organizations, educational institutions and concert venues to showcase their events and promote their product to a live audience.
Gaurav claims to be a serial entrepreneur. He started his entrepreneurial career in the hospitality industry by starting a small restaurant at the age of 20, following it up with another one at the heart of the city three years later. BeamitLive is his third entrepreneurial venture.
He has worked with some of the best venues in town and the client list includes Taj Vivanta, Taj Gateway, Chancery Pavilion, Loveshack Club, B-flat Indiranagar and Happy Brew to name a few.
Over to Gaurav about his entrepreneurial journey
How did you come to be an entrepreneur?
Well, I think for me, becoming an entrepreneur comes from the fact that I was always interested in creating or building something. Be it a road bridge made out of card boards for my toy cars to cross or be it my very first restaurant, I loved building things from scratch. I was always fascinated by stories about how this person or that person created something that made a mark in the world.
In the beginning, what motivated you to become an entrepreneur?
I always wanted to do things differently than how majority of the people do. Not that I think that they don’t do it well, but because it excites me and always motivates me. When I was in my final year of engineering, I thought of starting up something and with the limited money that I had, I along with a friend of mine, opened a restaurant in the outskirts of Bangalore.
How have your entrepreneurial motivations changed since you first started?
Well, my motivation levels have always been very high. If they have changed, they have only changed to grow higher. I want to bring a difference to the lives of many people through our ventures. Be it in the lives of the people associated with BeamitLive or people who are not. Everything starts with a dream. I can only work for it, I can only put in the effort and I am sure everything else will fall in place.
What’s the single most important reason for your success?
If you want me to single out the most important thing that I have learnt and which has contributed to our growth, it is that if one keeps working with honesty and integrity, more often than not one lands up at the right place at the right time and everything falls in place.
What’s your least favorite part about being an entrepreneur?
I don’t like the fact the some of the people still think being an entrepreneur is not commendable and is just a waste of time. I want to change that notion of people.
What entrepreneurial hacks have you developed to stay focused and productive in your day-to-day?
Stay off from distractions.
Don’t leave your hobbies.
Keep practicing your speeches.
Empower your employees.
Turn yesterday’s emails into today’s to do list
If you could offer a first-time entrepreneur only one piece of advice, what would it be?
Starting a venture is like starting a game. Even if you lose the first one, don’t give up, because you might win the next.
How do you think being an entrepreneur has turned you into a better person?
Being an entrepreneur has made be become patient and calm. It has helped me in getting myself organised and plan my time in an efficient way.
They have a simple objective:
“We let people see what they want to see even if they cannot make it to the venue. If we cannot get the viewers to the event, we get the event to the viewers”
Connect with Gaurav, Founder at http://www.beamitlive.com/